For those who either don’t have quick access to (or either don’t want to) a Whole Foods or a Sprouts, then the farmers market is the best viable option for you. Watch this video to learn about the benefits of buying fresh, nutritious, delicious and locally grown foods. Hear a registered dietitian talks with shoppers and farmers about the experience and culture that surrounds the market.
Regardless of your dietary preference weather you are a Vegetarian, Pescatarian, Vegan, or Paleo the farmers market can give you what you need, and in a variety of ways. With so many options to choose from at such good prices, its hard to say no. But for those who are still unsure I have compiled a list that I’m sure you will find convincing.
2. Support your local farmers and economy.
3. Fresh fruit and vegetables are full of antioxidants and phytonutrients.
4. It’s a great way to get your kids involved.
5. Supporting your local farmers market strengthens your community.
6. Farmers markets offer foods that align with nutrition guidelines.
7. Farmers often have recommendations for preparing their products.
8. You can try new fruits or vegetables!
9. Buy a bunch for a reasonable price